Indian students have a lot to gain from studying in Germany because German universities are well regarded and appreciated for their first-rate calibre
Indian students have a lot to gain from studying in Germany because German universities are well regarded and appreciated for their first-rate calibre and provide various programmes to study in Germany for Indian students. You will have the best learning experience ever thanks to their cutting-edge facilities, wide range of funding alternatives, research-based courses, award-winning curricula, diverse and active student community, and distinctive lifestyle.
These characteristics have made them a destination for gifted overseas students looking to develop their academic and scientific capabilities. And a large number of Indian students are included in this group of academics.
The third-largest international student population in Germany is made up of students from India. Official statistics indicate that 17,570 Indian students were enrolled in German universities in 2017–18.
However, a lot of other students find it challenging to comprehend what it’s like to study in Germany as an Indian student. Don’t worry if this has been the situation with you. Here is our in-depth guide to provide you with abroad study consultancy and to assist you in pursuing your desire to study in Germany.
Top eight justifications for studying in Germany
- While private institutions charge minimal tuition, public universities do not.
- Prestigious institutions.
- Plenty of educational course options.
- Your education will take a practical approach, giving you useful hands-on experience.
- inexpensive cost of living
- You can better understand other cultures thanks to international students.
- You’ll get the chance to study German.
- Once your education is over, you will have options to work in the country.
Requirements For Indian Students To Study in Germany
Knowing what you must do to reach your objectives is the next step after setting them. You must confirm the university of your choice’s entrance requirements.
You can learn more about the prerequisites from this article. Check it out.
Bachelor’s Degree Requirements In Germany
- Your 12th-grade exams must be passed with at least a 50% grade point average. The initial prerequisite for Indian students who plan to study in Germany following their 12th-grade year is this.
- A valid passport is required.
- To be qualified and demonstrate that you comprehend the course material, you must demonstrate your German ability.
- If you choose an English-taught course, you should demonstrate your English competence skills (like IELTS and TOEFL).
- Until you receive a grant or part-time employment pay, you must have a predetermined amount of cash in your account to cover your living expenses in Germany.
Requirements For Master’s Programmes In Germany
- To enrol for a master’s degree in Germany, you must have a suitable bachelor’s degree with respectable grades. For instance, to be qualified to apply for a master’s programme in computer science in Germany, you must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a field closely connected to computers.
- To apply, you must demonstrate your German competence (perhaps at an A2/B1/B2 level). No worries if you cannot meet this condition! You have the option of studying German in Germany or in your own country.
- You must present an IELTS score that satisfies their standards if you want to enrol in a master’s programme in Germany that is taught in English.
- A current passport is required to enter Germany.
- To cover your living costs in Germany, you need to have some funds in your account.
- The candidate must provide a recommendation letter (or statement of purpose) outlining why they chose the particular course they did.
- Relevant job experience may be required for some courses.
- Many institutions demand a recommendation letter from a professor or lecturer from the institution where you earned your bachelor’s degree.
It’s fantastic if you meet the conditions mentioned above to pursue a master’s degree in Germany.
Germany’s Requirements for MBA study
For starters, a bachelor’s degree is required for MBA programmes in Germany. Let’s say you hold a bachelor’s degree; awesome! After earning your bachelor’s degree, did you work for three years? This is crucial for a candidate who wishes to study for an MBA in Germany.
Let’s say you have the necessary professional background; awesome! Consider a scenario in which you lack work experience but have a bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to business administration, such as a BBA. No prior work experience is necessary! You can enrol directly in an MBA programme at a German university!
Isn’t that cool now?
The likelihood of admission to a German institution is substantially lower for an English-language MBA programme in Germany than for a German-medium programme. If you want to improve your chances of enrolling in an MBA programme in Germany taught in English, you must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
Requirements For Medical School In Germany
- You must first complete the required training program and pass the related board test to be accepted into a university (FSP).
- You cannot enrol in a German university until you have successfully completed the foundation (M) course in Germany. If the course is taught in German, your studies will start in that language.
- For students interested in studying medicine in Germany, 23,700 euros (12 months of well-furnished hostel housing, a meal allowance, and foundation course fees) is the best option.
- In Germany, public colleges offer medical degrees without charging any tuition. (You should take other costs into account)
- You could apply directly to a German university and skip the Foundation course if you studied there for one year (two semesters)!
- Through the Ausbildung programme, you can begin employment training right away in Germany, along with a monthly stipend (which has over 350 different occupations).
- You are exempt from doing the foundation course if you choose to study medicine in Germany in the English language. German will be introduced to students while they pursue medical degrees.
- You do not need to present an IELTS score if your English during the interview is excellent. If you select the English medium, you must pay tuition costs.
- If you’re wealthy and didn’t take math in high school, you can enrol in an English-only medical programme.
These are the prerequisites for MBBS studies in Germany.
German Language Requirements For Study
- You must speak German in order to get by and learn in Germany because it is a German-speaking country.
- German proficiency ranges from A1 to C2 (A1 being the lowest and C2 being the highest).
- The required level of German competence may change based on the institution and the subject. (B2 or higher is required)
- If you don’t speak German, you shouldn’t be concerned. Germany allows foreign students to study German while they are there.
- German language instruction from qualified native speakers can help you assimilate into German culture and become one of them.
- You are able to take your course in English in Germany.
- You must keep in mind that programmes taught in English are highly sought after because so many overseas students attempt to enrol in them. If your English is excellent, most German colleges won’t require an English proficiency certificate.
The minimum IELTS score required by some universities is 6.5. To get IELTS coaching or test preparation assistance, you can take SAT exam coaching from experts
If you are confused with the immigration process, then get in touch with the companies providing abroad study help or student visa assistance, etc.