Plywood is a timber-based product that is manufactured by stacking bundles of wooden sheets together with the help of glue or adhesive. Plywood is always prefered over other building materials because of its following properties:
- Plywood is durable
- It is lightweight yet strong
- It is the most affordable item when it comes to home designing
- Plywood does not require much maintenance. In order to keep the look fresh, all you need to do is wipe it with a cloth from time to time.
- Plywood offers a modular look.
- It comes in lots of varieties, different patterns, colours, designs and can also be customised
The above mentioned properties make plywood the best material to design any space and transform it into a stylish one.
Plywood can completely transform any wooden furniture. It offers better finish and more strength to the furniture. This is why it is one of the most preferred materials for building any furniture or for interior decoration purposes.
Given below are the various uses of plywood:
- Plywood is mainly used for covering and surfacing furniture. It is extensively used in the woodwork of the kitchen and other usual furniture like wardrobe, cabinets etc.
- Plywood also acts as a great saviour of areas that are exposed to water splashes or moisture. A waterproof plywood has been designed by manufacturing companies, specially for this purpose.
- It is also used extensively in interior designing. It is said that plywood is an interior designer’s best friend. This is because it is affordable and comes in handy while it is equally strong and sustainable.
Knowing the qualities and uses of plywood are sufficient for you to purchase the best among all options available in the market. Still unsure ? How about a quick checklist to ensure you don’t end up with the wrong set for your dream home and office furniture ?
Given below is the checklist to help you buy the best quality plywood.
What’s the purpose of plywood?
Plywood comes in different types of varieties based on its usage. Therefore, before buying plywood, be very sure about the properties of the area where the plywood has to be applied. This will help you in better decision making. For example, if you are purchasing plywood for your washroom then, you must go for waterproof plywood.
Ample variety within the same budget
To buy the best quality plywood, you don’t necessarily have to go over budget. The diverse variety available is an advantage that comes in handy. You’ll get thousands of options with differing textures, thicknesses, designs, shades, etc., within the same price range. So, give some time to exploring your options and search through the variety. You might get options that are better than your expectations and that too within a budget lesser than yours. Make smart choices and avail yourself of the best that is available. There are ample chances that you might end up buying plywood for all your needs by sticking to the same budget.
Minute details are a must-check.
Don’t miss out on the minor details of the plywood. Minor details, refer to the features and specifications of plywood. That’s where you’ll learn about the type of plywood. The features will mention the dimensions, thickness, material, type of plywood and other properties like colour, texture, etc. The specifications will include all the technical details. For example, if you’ve to buy termite-proof plywood, then the knowledge of specifications will come to your rescue.
Certification and registration is another important point on the checklist. It is a general check that should be made while buying any product. Good quality plywood is always ISI marked. It’s an authentication mark of quality check by the Government of India. The companies that manufacture the best plywood in India have their plywood ISI marked. The various types of plywood all have a specific ISI no. So, it’s great if you’re well aware of the most common ISI numbers of plywood before making that purchase.
The market is filled with duped plywood. These plywood might be cheaper when compared to branded ones but they will surely cost you a bomb in the long run. Buying duplicate plywood will cause loads of issues in the future like, termite infestation, wear and tear due to low quality material, and will definitely not offer any reliability. Hence, it is always wise to buy branded plywood. By following these above tips, you can ensure to get your hands on the best quality plywood.