As dishwashers have only recently become popular in Indian homes, many Indians are sceptical about buying them. Primarily used for decades abroad, the dishwasher has only recently made its mark as a must-have appliance in Indian kitchens. Many reputed brands like LG, IFB, Faber and Kaff make good dishwashers that stand the test of durability and convenient functionality.
Launched with equal flair is the Voltas Beko dishwasher, giving you energy efficiency and a price tag that won’t put a hole in your pocket. You may be compelled to buy one soon, but you must consider certain aspects before you start shopping. Your final decision will have to be based on certain factors like you have considerations for any other home appliance you invest in.
Is a Dishwasher a Worthwhile Purchase?
If you think you want to buy a dishwasher online, you can easily do so at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store. By paying for it in flexible EMIs, whatever brand you select, you can make your purchase affordable as you pay with the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card. Before you purchase a model, however, you need to do some research about the specific dishwasher. Ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you have the space? – A dishwasher takes up a good amount of space, and depending on the capacity, it may be broader or narrower. Ideally, it must be placed in a kitchen as that is the room where cooking is done.
Nowadays, there’s a solution to the lack of space, as the Indian company Voltas has introduced a small-capacity table-top dishwasher model. This Voltas Beko dishwasher (DT8S) series model is small enough to fit on your kitchen counter.
- What is your dishwasher load? – As you think of your wash load when you are buying a washing machine, you have to think about the load of your dishwasher too. If you have a large family of, say, 6-7 members, you have to buy a dishwasher with 14 place settings.
On the other hand, average dishwasher capacities are in the range of 12 place setting models, and these suffice for 4-5 members. If you think of one place setting as a set of dishes for one person typically consisting of a plate, a bowl, a cup and saucer, a dish, a fork, a knife and a spoon, you can easily gauge the capacity you require.
In addition to place settings, you can also place cooking dishes like pots and pans into dishwashers that wash dishes made of glass and steel with equal efficiency.
- What is your cooking style? – This may not seem like an important variable, but when you are attempting to buy a dishwasher online, you need to think of this. If you cook frequently and with a lot of grease remaining on your dishes, you need a strong machine with features that give your dishes a superior wash. Remember that dishwashers clean your dishes with rigorous hygiene and dry them with steam.
- What are the features? – Just as you get with all home appliances today, the latest dishwashers come with high energy efficiency ratings and use less water to wash your dishes perfectly.
For instance, a model of LG dishwasher, the LG 14 place setting Wi-Fi DFB424FP, has an efficient low-noise operation and works with the LG app so you can program it from anywhere. Additionally, it washes dishes with the aid of various washing programs and has a ‘quick-wash’ setting as well. It can also wash smaller loads.
- What is the price? – Obviously, price is a key consideration while buying anything these days, and the more features dishwashers have, the more you pay.
However, consider that features like a digital display and several wash settings come with most good quality dishwashers and the word out is that brands like Bosch and IFB, although on the high-end of the price segment, work superbly well with robust machines that give dishes a vigorous wash.
A dishwasher is a useful appliance today, and if you are a busy professional and don’t want to rely on house help, a dishwasher is a perfect solution.
You can choose from a wide variety of brands at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store if you aim to buy a dishwasher online. You get discounts on the best models here. Paying with your Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card on No Cost EMI makes your purchase more affordable